Who is ms54?
Booker T. Washington/MS54 strives to develop and nurture a community of intelligent, mature and motivated learners with strong academic and critical thinking skills and a love for learning.
statement of educational philosophy
At Booker T. Washington Middle School, academic excellence is the foundation of our school culture. We are committed to providing rigorous academic opportunities to every student. We believe that both acceleration and remediation are vital to nurturing the potential of each student. We provide diverse opportunities to address the academic needs of our students, including a curriculum offering different levels of coursework.
The Booker T. Washington Middle School Community will provide:
- A safe and nurturing environment that is sensitive to the needs of the individual student.
- A collegial staff which utilizes the experiences, resources and diversity of the entire school and community to accomplish the school’s goals.
- A unified community, which fosters learning and experiences leading to an understanding, appreciation and respect for diversity.
- An academic environment that reflects enrichment through intellectually appropriate activities and fosters scholastic excellence, independent learning and open communication.
- A curriculum designed to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills, by applying a variety of resources, groupings, and teaching strategies.
- A physical environment that is properly equipped, aesthetically pleasing, and is enhanced by students’ work and achievements.