Students’ clothing may not disrupt or distract from the educational process or create a safety hazard. The purpose of the attire policy is to ensure that students’ clothing reflects the seriousness of the school’s mission and does not interfere with the learning environment.
The following clothes distract from the learning environment or cause a safety hazard , and therefore CANNOT be worn:
· Hats, hoods, bandanas, and headscarves (except for religious compliance)
· Clothes with offensive, vulgar or inappropriate messages or images
· Basketball jerseys and shirts with wide arm holes, when worn without a shirt under them
· Cropped shirts, tube tops and shirts that reveal bare midriff or articles of clothing which are see-through
· Clothes which expose buttocks and/or undergarments
· Flip flops, slippers, and shoes without a heel strap
· Outerwear worn inside the building
MS54 Booker T. Washington
103 West 107th Street
New York, NY 10025
MS54 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. MS54 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
© 2020 MS54 Booker T. Washington. All rights reserved.