Code of Conduct & School Rules
MS54 Code of Conduct
If your child is going to be absent, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (212) 678-2861.
Disciplinary action is based on the NYC Citywide Standards of Intervention & Discipline Measures. The Discipline Code will be strictly enforced. Parents and Students should also be familiar with rules and policies found in the Chancellor's Regulations.
- Report bullying and inappropriate behavior to adults to protect yourself and others.
- Arrive on time to avoid missing work. Bring an excuse note when absent or late.
- You must have permission or an escort to leave your classroom.
- Follow social distancing and traffic markers inside and outside of the classroom.
- Use up and down staircase to help maintain safety.
- Line up single file along the designated area to allow traffic flow and proper social distancing.
- Congregating or meeting in the hall or stairs creates a danger.
- Running, pushing and horseplay are prohibited as it is dangerous.
- Loud, obscene and offensive language is unacceptable as it is rude, disrespectful, and disruptive.
- Book bags, note books, or electronic communication with inappropriate messages or images regarding other students is prohibited.
- Keep the school clean and orderly as it represents our school tone and reduces pest issues.
- The school is not responsible for equipment locked up outside of the school.
- Personal property is a student’s responsibility and should be secured at all times.
- Jumping to touch the ceiling, light fixtures, door frames or other objects is prohibited.
- Respond in a respectful manner to the directives of all teachers and staff in the building.