The purpose of the attire policy is to ensure that students’ clothing reflects the seriousness of the school’s mission and does not interfere with the learning environment.
Shorts must have a minimum of a 3 inch inseam. (Loungewear shorts and vodi shorts are not permitted.)
Skirts must be at least as long as your longest finger when standing straight.
All tops must have sleeves of some kind.*
Off the shoulder tops are not permitted.
All tops must be long enough to cover the waistband of the pants, shorts, or skirt (without needing a
hand to hold them down.)
*This includes all visible shirts.
The following types of clothing are STILL not permitted:
· Hats, hoods, bandanas, and headscarves (except for religious compliance).
· Clothes with offensive, vulgar or inappropriate messages or images.
· Basketball jerseys and shirts with wide arm holes, when worn without a shirt under them.
· Shirts which reveal bare midriff, which are very low cut or which are see-through.
· Shorts, skirts and pants which expose buttocks and/or undergarments.
· Flip flops, slippers, and sandals without a heel strap.
· Outerwear worn inside the building.
The MS54 attire policy includes all school activities and special events. The administration has the authority to allow adjustments or make clarifications for special occasions or events.
In the event that a students has made a decision not to follow these regulations, the student will be required to find appropriate clothing or remain out of class until he/she does. Repeated violations of these regulations will result in disciplinary measures.
MS54 Booker T. Washington
103 West 107th Street
New York, NY 10025
MS54 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. MS54 also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
© 2018 MS54 Booker T. Washington. All rights reserved.