- General Information
- Mission Statement & Vision
- Early Academy / School Day Schedule
- Curriculum >
- Code of Conduct >
- Activities >
- Parent Engagement Thursdays
- Breakfast & Lunch
- School Based Health Center (Nurse's Office)
- Parent Handbook
- Emergency Procedures & Storm Delays
- Who Was Booker T. Washington?
- Support MS54
- PTA & SLT
- High School Information
- DOE & District Resources / News
- Email MS54 Webmaster
- Email the Parent Coordinator
- Tutor Fair January 2018
- Community Service Partners
- New Parent Information
The purpose of the attire policy is to ensure that students’ clothing reflects the seriousness of the school’s mission and does not interfere with the learning environment.
Shorts must have a minimum of a 3 inch inseam. (Loungewear shorts and vodi shorts are not permitted.)
Skirts must be at least as long as your longest finger when standing straight.
All tops must have sleeves of some kind.*
Off the shoulder tops are not permitted.
All tops must be long enough to cover the waistband of the pants, shorts, or skirt (without needing a
hand to hold them down.)
*This includes all visible shirts.
The following types of clothing are STILL not permitted:
· Hats, hoods, bandanas, and headscarves (except for religious compliance).
· Clothes with offensive, vulgar or inappropriate messages or images.
· Basketball jerseys and shirts with wide arm holes, when worn without a shirt under them.
· Shirts which reveal bare midriff, which are very low cut or which are see-through.
· Shorts, skirts and pants which expose buttocks and/or undergarments.
· Flip flops, slippers, and sandals without a heel strap.
· Outerwear worn inside the building.
The MS54 attire policy includes all school activities and special events. The administration has the authority to allow adjustments or make clarifications for special occasions or events.
In the event that a students has made a decision not to follow these regulations, the student will be required to find appropriate clothing or remain out of class until he/she does. Repeated violations of these regulations will result in disciplinary measures.